Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

Pork Enchilada Recipe

I've added another new recipe to my site. You guessed it, a pork enchilada recipe. This one is quick to make and tasty. I was inspired by my friend Mark Nichols who recently surprised me with a tray of Verde enchiladas. He was returning the favor of me always bringing him quarts of homemade hot sauce. Mark's addicted to the stuff and if I ever bottle it, he'd be first in line to buy it. But that's another story.

So what I've created is roast pork enchiladas with Verde enchilada sauce. This time I used Trader Joe's Verde Salsa. If you've ever tried it, you know it's good stuff. I like my enchilada sauce to have a smooth consistency so I pureed it in a blender. Then I added some sour cream.

For the pork, I share with you how I cook a pork roast with garlic and wine and actually create two meals out of one, pork enchiladas and pork roast with roasted potatoes. Both are very delicious meals and very different.

Want your enchiladas, no matter what kind you are making, to taste their best? It does not matter whether they are cheese, chicken or beef. Heat some canola oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, dip in one or two corn tortillas at a time into the oil to soften them. Drain and then dip them in the sauce or ladle some of the sauce on top and spread it around. This will give you the best tasting enchiladas.


So if this meal inspires you, check out the enchilada recipe here.

You may want to add a side dish of refried beans or spanish rice Enjoy.

Kind regards,
Robin

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?