Tuesday, September 27, 2005

 

A Healthy Breakfast

You've heard this before, "Don't skip breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day." And I think that's true. It gets your metabolizing going. Today I won't be talking about mexican food recipes. Love 'em as I do.

Today I want to talk about this healthy drink (it's really a little thick to drink but you can) called Kefir. You can find it in health food stores.

I read about it somewhere and decided to give it a try. They say it's really healthy stuff.

So here is what I have been eating for breakfast. Have you ever heard of Kefir? It's a cultured milk loaded with enzymes that are filled with friendly mirco organisms. Kefir also contains minerals and essential amino acids that aid in healing.

So if you have any type of stomach problems or you have taken antibiotics recently, you might want to consider this little drink. You can read more about kefir's health benefits here.

Here is how I eat kefir because I don't like the plain flavor. It's an aquired taste. Reminds me of plain yogurt or buttermilk.

I have been eating this concoction for the past week and it really does seem to give me more energy and my stomach doesn't have as many problems. In fact I've been feeling great. Better than I have in quite a while.

Here is my recipe:



Add the first two ingredients in a blender and mix till berrys are pureed.
In a coffee grinder add the flaxseed till it's all ground up. Add the flaxseed to the kefir and stir it in. Then add the sliced almonds and stir that in as well.

This breakfast will fill you up and sustain you till lunch. I have no cravings till lunch.

The flaxseeds in this meal are rich in fiber and omega 3 fatty acids, a great addition to anyones diet. I don't always include them but they sure help keep the sysem moving if you know what I mean.

But I really think the Kefir is awesome. Try it out for a week and see what you think. I would like to hear your comments.

Hope your day is rockin,
Robin

P.S. Even though I didn't talk about Mexican food today, I did add a couple of recipes to my site you might want to check out. And they are not mexican either.
They are desserts like warm apple crisp and 1st Place Blackberry Pie. Who can resist dessert?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?