Monday, September 26, 2005

 

Results On 2 Week Old Guacamole

I'm finally back to give you the update on the guacamole lifespan from a previous post. Well it didn't last two weeks. I hope you aren't surprised because I wasn't. But I kept an open mind.

I opened the container of guacamole, took a picture and ate some. Then I put the remaining back in the fridge. The next day it was only slightly brown and still tasted good. I was impressed. But by the third day it was history. It had turned an awful brown and tasted terrible.

What does all this mean? By adding a little orange juice and a little cucumber and lemon juice, you can preserve it over night and that's it.

Still I don't like lemon or lime juice in my guacamole so I made some with the addition of cucumber and orange juice but left out the lemon and lime. You know what? It keeps over night. Good enough for me.

So here is my recipe for overnight guacamole:

Directions:

Cut avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. On a cutting board, slice the tomato and add the chile ortegas, onion and chop till pretty fine.

Add this mixture to the avocado and mash. Add the orange juice, cucumber, salt and garlic and stir. Then add your favorite hot sauce to give it some zing.

You will love this guacamole and it probably will last you till the next day, if you have any left over.

I you really like Mexican food check out more recipes on my site.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?