Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Shredded Beef Recipe

I love it when I stumble onto a great recipe. This one is Comforting Shredded Beef Recipe.

A nice lady gave it to me while I was shopping at Whole Foods about two months ago. She was telling the butcher how she cooked this beef nice and slow so that it came out real tender.

I was waiting to buy some chicken and struck up a conversation with her. She was kind enough to send me the recipe in an email.

So I ended up buy a bottom round roast from Whole Foods which is probably the most inexpensive piece of beef you can buy from them. Their free range beef can be kind of outragious.

Any way this recipe turned out to be a keeper. My husband loved the dish and so did I. It has great flavor from the cognac and wine and combined with the simmered onions, man look out.

I love serving this over rice or noodles. So if you love shredded beef do yourself a favor and try this recipe. Then let me know how you like it.

Robin

P.S. When the lady sent me the email, it says this recipe is from the Silver Palate. It turns out that this recipe is in the The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?