Thursday, April 27, 2006

 

Homemade Tamales Recipe

I know it's been a while since I've posted but I've got a good recipe that's worth the wait. This is a homemade tamales recipe complete with pictures.

Ever think about making tamales from scratch but thought they were too much work? Well they are a little work but it is doable.

My Mexican tamales are made with a nice tender pork butt roast and if you follow along I've got a nice masa recipe with a hint of garlic to finish them off.

My tamales recipe will make you anywhere from 18 to 36 tamales. You'll use a 7lb roast which will make about 3 dozen tamales and my masa recipe will get 18 tamales. Just double the masa recipe and that should even out with the pork.

I show you how to make authentic tamales with step by step instructions with pictures so anyone can make them. Check out these hot tamales. They really are good.

Regards,
Robin

Comments:
I loved your video. I'm living in Va and miss tamales. My family gets together and makes dozen after dozen out there. I've never made them myself..but here we go! This will be my first attempt at making pork tamales. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?